Have questions? Contact a staff member. Click the topic you have questions about:
Or call our office at 717-232-4125 Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm.
Johanna Byrd, ACSW
Johanna has worked 17 years in different capacities with the Florida Chapter including director of Government Affairs and Special projects, Communications director, Membership and Legislative Coordinator, and Political Field Organizer. In addition, she was also the executive manager of the VI Chapter for about 9 years through its chapter management arrangement with the FL Chapter.
Johanna received her MSW from Florida State University and her BSW from Texas Christian University. She has received many professional awards, including the Association Professional of the Year from the Tallahassee Society of Association Executives, the Social Worker of the Year from the NASW-FL Big Bend Unit, the Alumni of the Year from TX Christian University’s School of SW, and the COCE’s Gilman-Wells Award.
Amy Sagen, LSW, ACSW, MSG
Chief Operating Officer
Amy directs continuing education programs and oversees member services for the association. She reviews approval requests for continuing education programming and leads conference planning efforts.
Prior to joining the staff of NASW-PA, Amy directed Alzheimer's units in a skilled nursing home, assessing/admitting residents, counseling families, educating and training staff about Alzheimer's disease and related dementias. Amy's background compliments other staff members' as her education and work history focuses on the aging process. Amy has developed education and support programs for caregivers of people with Alzheimer's disease or related dementias while working in Los Angeles and has provided bereavement and grief counseling for families using hospice services throughout the greater Philadelphia area. Amy received her master of science gerontology and master of social work degrees from the University of Southern California and a bachelor's of education, rehabilitation education and a minor in gerontology from The Pennsylvania State University.
Ask Amy About...
- Annual Conference: sponsorships, advertising, exhibiting, location and presenting
- Continuing Education: in-person events, applying for CE approval, CE certificates, online trainings (participating or facilitating)
- Ethics: dilemmas and case consultation
- Licensure: frequently asked questions, licensure preparation
- Training requests for your agency or community
Alicia Newkam, AA
Continuing Education Specialist
Alicia serves as assistant for the continuing education department. She manages workshop proposals and CE certificates.
Alicia Newkam holds a high school degree from Harrisburg High School and an associate's degree in human services from Harrisburg Area Community College. She has worked for the past seven years at NASW-PA, where she has fulfilled the position of continuing education specialist. Prior to joining NASW-PA, Alicia was a child care provider for more than 5 years. She is particularly interested in environmental and cultural issues.
Ask Alicia About...
- Continuing education: workshop approvals, trainings, co-sponsorship, certificates
- Licensure: frequently asked questions, licensure preparation, prep manuals
- Website: assistance logging-in
Tyler Woodcook, BSW
Communications and Outreach Specialist
Tyler assures that the NASW-PA staff is effectively communicating with its members. This includes directing the NASW-PA social media presence, maintaining the bi-monthly newsletter, and increasing the visibility of the social work profession to the public eye.
Tyler graduated from Messiah College with his Bachelor of Social Work Degree in 2015 and quickly found himself working with the NASW Pennsylvania, whom he had interned with during his senior year. Tyler is especially interested in advancing the field of social work by keeping the public informed about the importance of social work and the ways in which social workers have a positive impact on society.
Ask Tyler About...
- The Pennsylvania Social Worker newsletter articles, printing and advertising
- Emails and other communications from NASW-PA
- Media relations: media inquiries,commentary, speakers bureau (non CE), assistance in writing an op-ed or letter to the editor, contacting your local media
- Website advertisements or website content
- Visibility and public education materials, resources available
- Posting in or accessing the Career Center