PA Chapter NASW
Policies on Approval of Continuing Education Events The Pennsylvania Chapter, NASW, (hereinafter known as "Chapter”) considers part of its mission to provide quality, affordable and diverse continuing education (CE) opportunities to professional social workers. Therefore, in addition to providing our own CE offerings, we also look for opportunities to approve appropriate CE offerings.
The decision to approve workshops is not made lightly. Issues of control over the quality of program content, control over the quality of presenters, availability of the program to a broad scope of the Chapter’s membership, and financial implications must be considered.
APPLICATION FORM for Download
With this in mind, the Chapter has set forth the following policies regarding the approval of continuing education events: ·
- The request for approval is submitted in the format supplied by the Chapter must be received in writing or electronically at least 4 weeks prior to the event.
- Program content must meet the social work continuing education requirements set forth by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors.
- It must be clear that there will be no selection of participants that discriminates by reason of sex, age, race, ethnic background, sexual orientation, or other characteristics.
- Brochures and other promotional materials must clearly indicate that NASW-PA has approved the workshop for CEs. If the materials have been printed they should state that NASW PA is issuing the CEs.
- If the Chapter is providing the CE hours, copies of completed sign-in sheets and evaluation forms must be submitted to the Chapter.
- Approval is for one event only. Subsequent approval of the same topic is dependent upon a review of the evaluation forms.
Chapter Approved Events Overview:
If another entity is interested in having NASW PA approve workshop(s), they are to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- An approval form must be completed for every workshop offered by the chapter or a division at least four weeks prior to the event, so we have knowledge of the event should persons call and will hold workshop records for the State required 5 years.
- Appropriate sign-in sheets and workshop evaluations must be provided to the NASW PA within two weeks of the completion of the workshop.
- For a workshop, series of workshops, or conferences with evaluation packets, a certificate fee of $15 per member and $25 per non-member will apply, for certificates claiming less than 12.99 credits; 13 or more credits fee structure is $25 members and $45 nonmembers.
- Chapter approved workshops will be listed on the website calendar.
- Chapter will provide all forms (acceptance letter, sign in sheets, and evaluations) via email to contact person.
- CE certificate will be e-mailed to participants after the event, unless hardcopies are requested prior to the event.
- When event is complete, the sponsoring agency is responsible for sending in sign in sheets, and in some cases evaluations, and payment – once these are received CE certificates will be mailed to the workshop attendees.