Now Hiring NASW-PA Executive Director
Monday, December 22, 2014
Posted by: Tara Breitsprecher
National Association of Social Workers - Pennsylvania Chapter
The NASW- Pennsylvania Chapter, with a membership of over 5600, is seeking an executive director with a solid knowledge of the social work profession and social work values as well as strong organizational and communication skills. Position requires:
- Social work degree/licensed preferred; college degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory and executive administrative level experience.
- Experience working with professional organizations and volunteer Boards; recruiting and organizing volunteers.
- The ability to understand and articulate the primary goals of the organization and its members.
- Strong management skills, including the ability to give direction to and provide supervision of organizational & leadership development, legislative efforts relevant to members and the social work profession, membership services, and continuing education programs.
- Good time management skills, including ability to complete assigned tasks within the designated time frame, as well as effectively delegate.
- Strong budget management skills
- Media relations and public speaking skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer literacy and understanding of social media, etc.
Chapter office is located in Camp Hill; travel required to other Pennsylvania communities, as needed.
Salary: $80,000 plus benefits, including health and life insurance, retirement.
Application deadline: February 9, 2015
NASW- Pennsylvania is an equal opportunity employer.
Send cover letter and resume, addressing above qualifications, to:
Thank you for your interest in this position with the NASW- Pennsylvania Chapter.