SEX, DRUGS ROCK ‘N ROLL, AND THE INTERNET:WORKING WITH ADOLESCENTS AND THEIR PARENTS IN OUR DIGITAL WORLD
STEPHEN R. TREAT, LMFT, DMIN
CONFERENCE SUMMARYIn this interactive workshop, designed for social workers and family therapists, we will discuss the adult/adolescent relationship in the digitalage. Basic parenting skills and issues of adolescent development will be explored concerning the issues of sex, drugs and the internet. The goalsof dialogue and developing peerage will be a focus. The therapists’ and the parents' use of self will be a central concern. The workshop will alsoemphasize basic process issues which lead to healthier interactions.
• Participants will learn parenting skills for raising an adolescent.
• Participants will learn issues of adolescent development.
• Participants will explore the role of differentiation in the parent/adolescent relationship.
• Participants will learn how to use themselves creatively to create better communication.
• Participants will learn to develop peerage and better dialogue.
ConferenceSaturday, October 26, 2013: 9 am – 1 pm
4 CEs are for PA Social Workers, Marriage/Family Therapists and Professional Counselors, NJ Social Workers & DE Social Workers
Registration & Continental Breakfast from 8:30 am – 9 amLocation: Lankenau Hospital, Auditorium, Main Hospital Entrance, "A” Lobby, 100 E. Lancaster Ave, Wynnewood, PA 19096
Pennsylvania Society for Clinical Social Work, 112 Carol Lane, Richboro, PA 18954 215/942-0775 www.pscsw.orgRegistration for Sex, Drugs, Rock ‘n Roll & the Internet: Working with Adolescents & Their Parents in Our Digital WorldStephen R. Treat, LMFT, DMin(Please make check payable to PSCSW)
Non Members ($95)
Student & Retired Members ($25)
Student Non Members ($35)
CE fees included with conference fees