The Pennsylvania Social Worker is a publication of NASW-PA. This newsletter is a member benefit, and therefore, access to the current issue is reserved for active NASW-PA members. Archived editions will remain open to the public.
Click to view any of the following past newsletters:
Summer 2012 Spring 2012
Winter 2011/2012 Fall 2011
Summer 2011 Spring 2011
Winter 2010/2011 Fall 2010
Summer 2010 Spring 2010
Winter 2009/2010 Fall 2009
Summer 2009 Spring 2009
NASW-PA welcomes article submissions for The Pennsylvania Social Worker. Submissions can speak to innovative practices, current trends, or any other topic of general interest. Any member is able to propose an article for consideration. The following policies are intended to serve as a guideline for submissions.
- The newsletter editor and executive director will review all articles submitted, consulting with the board of directors as needed, and make formal decision as to what will be published. Submissions should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the chapter office at 1000 Bent Creek Boulevard, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050.
- While writers will receive the article byline, submissions may be edited for length, grammar, and content. Furthermore, any submission must clearly be appropriate for all readers.
- Submissions will only be accepted from NASW-PA members unless otherwise approved by NASW-PA board and staff.
- Submissions must be original, re-prints will not be accepted unless otherwise approved by NASW-PA board and staff.
- The editor and executive director reserve the right to select timely and pertinent article submissions. Consequently, accepted submissions may be placed in a later issue.
- Submission deadlines are as follows: Winter (Jan/Feb/March/April): November 12, Summer (May/June/July/Aug): March 14, Fall (Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec): July 11
- Questions about The Pennsylvania Social Worker and submission policies can be addressed to Tyler Woodcook, Communications and Outreach Specialist, at (717) 232-4125 or email@example.com.
Enhance your visibility by advertising in The Pennsylvania Social Worker. This tri-annual newsletter reaches thousands of professionals, working in a variety of settings. NASW-PA prints and mails nearly 6,000 members each issue. An additional 500-1,000 are printed for distribution at events and to Pennsylvania's 42 schools of social work.
If you or your agency is interested in advertising, please contact Tyler Woodcook at (717) 232-4125 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. NASW-PA will help you develop an advertising strategy to fit your needs. If you would like to view a sample, please click here. Please note, advertisements were not integrated into the text prior to the Winter 2011 edition. This was done to maximize visibility for advertisers.
Please note that all advertisements must be related to the field of social work. No advertisements for insurance, banking, or travel can be accepted due to non-profit postal regulations. NASW-PA also reserves the right to deny any advertisement that conflicts with NASW-PA events.
Submission deadlines are as follows:
- Winter (Jan/Feb/March/April): November 12
- Summer (May/June/July/Aug): March 28
- Fall (Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec): July 11
- Advertisements should be submitted as high resolution PDFs. If you are unsure if your advertisement follows these requirements, please contact email@example.com NASW-PA can assist in the design of advertisements.
- All advertisements are printed in full color.
- Faxed or handwritten advertisements are not accepted.
- NASW-PA cannot publish advertisements promoting continuing education events that NASW-PA has not approved for credits.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.